From September 2023, schoolbooks, workbooks and copybooks for children in recognised primary schools, including special schools, will be provided to every child free by their school. There is no charge to parents/guardians for this, as schools receive funding from Government to cover these costs.
- Schoolbooks, workbooks and copybooks will be provided by the school. There is no need for parents to buy or rent these. There will be no fee for parents for this.
- All children in the class will have access to the schoolbooks, workbooks and copybooks that they need.
- The schoolbooks and workbooks will be on loan to the children. They must be returned at the end of the school year, or if the child leaves the school.
- Schools receive funding to buy these items. Schools must prioritise the use of the funding to cover all costs of textbooks, workbooks and copybooks.
- It is important that books are kept in good condition so they can be
re-used. Please help make sure your child/children keep the school books safe and takes care of them, so they can be used again by another child.
- There may be a requirement for parents to buy some additional items for children to use at school. The schools must make this clear to parents.